Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Hellidays

All I can say is thank goodness Christmas is O.V.E.R. I completely lacked Christmas spirit this year. I don't know what it was this year. Usually I am filled with joy and goodness and all around warmth (go ahead and throw up now) but this year, I just kept hoping it would end quickly and painlessly. Don't get me wrong, I love the presents I got. I love the family I got to spend time with. There was just something missing.

One thing missing was The Coach on Christmas Eve. He chose to stay home with his friend and play video games instead of going to my mom's. Could it have something to do with the fact that I busted him sweet talking some chick under My Sunshine's loft bed the night before? I really can't blame him. Wait, never mind. Its ok for me but not for him. I won't go into the things I do in our house in comparison because its probably not as bad but he still got busted. I'm at least smart enough NOT to get caught. Anyways, he was supposed to be kissing my ass but still insisted on staying home. Christmas Eve was bunk anyways. It was just me, my parents, my son and my grandma there. Usually the house is full and this year, it just wasn't the same. I missed my cousins and their kids. I did not miss The Coach messing things up.
Christmas day was another story. There was no good food but there was good family. I hate that I dont get to spend more time with mine and most of the day with his. But I do love the two purses my M.I.L. got for me. Greedy much?

Enough about Christmas. I really hope I have the spirit next year, I think it was the last thing missing this year. Now New Years. That is another story. Every year the Coach and I have a party. This year, yours truely is flying solo. Well.... not exactly solo. Tucking in for 2006, I will be with The Stallion. There is no one in my life right now that I would rather be with. My Sunshine is with my mom this week and it feels good to relax. Especially with The Stallion. When a man almost cries because you tell him that the thing you are looking forward to the most on New Years Eve/Morning is waking up next to him, that can make a girl feel good. When he tells you that he will be there for you no matter what happens, that can make a girl feel good too. I dont know what is going to happen in a week, a month, and in 2006, but for now.... Everything feels pretty damn good.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their way.