Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Blessed

Everyday I am amazed at the things My Sunshine comes up with. He is so smart and already knows what he wants in his little world. Every day recently he has been putting together more sentences and complete thoughts and ideas and it reminds me how far he has come. In his soon to be 5 years in this world, he has changed my life so much.

This morning on the way to school, he found the left over King's hat from the hockey game we went to this past weekend. He decided, just like a typical male would, to wear it. I watched him in my rear view mirror as he picked it up off the seat, fixed the back of it to fit him, and I thought to myself, "He is going to put it on and wear it to school." Sure enough, he thought about it for a second and put that hat right on his head and just sat back and relaxed. He didn't say anything to me during this process, just decided all on his own that today, he was going to wear this cool hat he got over the weekend. Ms. Sharon approved when we walked into class saying, "Wow, I really like your hat today!" My Sunshine was validated and proud of his decision, right then and there.

How cool is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home