Friday, February 17, 2006

Let the Countdown begin....

April 28. 50 Working days. In 50 working days, 9 weeks, I will be out of a job. Instead of getting a better position in the company, they are closing my department and moving it to Indiana. Everyone in my department is getting laid off on April 28th. They say that they will be trying to find open positions for all of us before time runs out. It sucks. But whatever's whatever. I may have some potential opportunities in the company or at a dealership that is actually very close to my home. I almost want to wait it out, take the month of May off (unemployment) and then start back into the work force. But who knows what will happen. I was kinda upset yesterday when they announced it but I think we all saw it coming. Closer to April, I will start feeling the pinch if I haven't found another place to work by that time. The only upside is that the environment here in the office is kind of light hearted. Instead of all of us feeling let down by our employer, we are kind of more relaxed, at least thats the atmosphere today. It is Friday so that might be the reason but I think that it will be this way until we are all together packing our desks up. *sigh* On to other things....

Yahoo 360

Have you heard about this? Kinda nifty. Kinda jacking the whole myspace idea. But still kinda cool. I haven't really had a chance to play with it alot yet but I'm sure I will this weekend when I start my job hunting and the re-writing of my resume. I like that my cousin (who moved to Iowa) joined up on it so I can keep seeing pictures of her and the kids. Her idoit husband's blog is NOT enough for me to follow their lives. Plus its a really easy way to share photos which I love. If you haven't already, go check it out. Let me know what you think.

Crazy Kid

Yea my child is nuts. He is so obsessed with his PS2. He. is. four! And he can beat me at these games. And I used to be good at video games! ha! He just got the Madagasgar game for Valentine's Day and he has not stopped playing it. Its been too cold to go practice t-ball so he is in the house playing PS2 instead. What a much better alternative, doncha think? I dont know what I am gonna do with that kid.

Its love?

Yea it is. I've known that it is. That warm feeling I get in my heart when he calls me 'baby' makes me believe it even more. Knowing that he is willing to wait until I get all my shit together makes me feel good too. Last night as I drove away from him, I wanted nothing more than to be able to be in my own place, in bed with him, watching TV, laughing and being in love with him until we both fell asleep. It helped a little to know that could soon become reality but I wanted it badly last night. Soon enough....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Beanie Baby said...

I'm sorry about your job. I was laid off several years ago, though with no warning, and job hunting is just the pits. I hate it.

Good luck!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I'm sorry to hear about the job situation. Hey, I know you are in So Cal not far from where I am. I work in HR/Recruiting for a company in OC. We're hiring and I know of some other places hiring too. If you'd like to chat offline, e-mail me at scorpiomarie1970@yahoo.com. It's alot about networking and getting leads that way as well, right? :)

Also, how awesome to hear that you are in love. :) That's wonderful!

10:00 AM  
Blogger NinaKaye said...

Sorry 'bout the job thing. Maybe something cool will come along now!

I have the yahoo 360 thing, rarely ever go there. Myspace? I'm there all the time! There's also TagWorld, MyYearbook, and orkut...that I know of. There's probably more that I haven't come across yet. I sign up for everything!

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Sorry about job thing - just stay positive (as best you can). My son went thru a major job change last year..it is hard. But now he looks back and realizes it was the best thing for him.

Sometimes i feel it is our destiny to exerpience hard - and difficult changes - something better is around the corner. I did not have job challengees..but many, manhy other kinds of challenges.. on the relationship front.

Chin up -- Spring will bring a new beginning for you.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home